Screening & Evaluation
Arriving at any decision about treating hearing loss is the same as treating any medical condition: a proper hearing evaluation must be the initial step. This is a great way to identify your hearing status and provide a peace of mind, whether you need further evaluation and treatment or not.
If the test results deem you or your loved one have any degree of hearing loss or hearing degradation, we will then discuss specific options that best fit your needs. Treatment options don’t always require hearing aids as your next step. This is why an in-office, proper evaluation is so crucial.
Hearing Loss Symptoms
- You often ask people to repeat themselves
- Muffled hearing – difficulty understanding consonants
- Understanding dialog, especially in noisy environments
- Listening to TV or radio at louder levels than in the past
- Avoiding social situations/becoming withdrawn, even depressed
- Constant ringing or buzzing in your ears
- Pain, itching, or leaking of fluid in the ear
- Vertigo (extreme dizziness/loss of balance)